1.01.2009

About Me



Welcome to my blog!

I have always been mesmerized by television. As a preteen in the eighties, I used to devour TV Guides as soon as they came in the mail. I loved when new shows would come out. I used to handicap with my friends which shows would last and which ones wouldn't. I was often right (which tells you quite a bit about network execs). I could've told them that Manimal and Automan would fail.

While most kids had a favorite team they would follow, I had a favorite network--NBC for most of my youth. How could you go wrong with the network that brought you St. Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues, Remington Steele, David Letterman, SNL, and The A-Team? My opinion was later bolstered by shows like Hunter, Night Court, and Family Ties.

It's not that I didn't like shows on other networks; it just always seemed like I was cheating on my true love when I enjoyed a non-NBC show.

My love for TV never waned as I grew older (though my channels of preference expanded greatly). Televised friends came; they went. I laughed; I cried.

I watched.

And I keep on watching.

Now, I just feel the need to share my thoughts on these televised moments. I have always watched TV as an active viewer, and to me what makes this passive activity active is the analysis and discussion of these shows.

That's what this blog is: my thoughts, my analysis, and an open invitation for you to share yours.

As for the blog itself, I have really never done this sort of thing before, so bear with me while I make tons of changes.

If you have suggestions about how I can improve this blog, please post them and let me know.

Until next time, happy viewing and happy blogging!


5 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading this blog, Monte. I am a tv guy too. I download 6-8 shows a week on iTunes just so I can keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I'm going to truy this blog thing:)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great...my first post has a typo and I don't know how to fix it @&*)(#&*)#*)*#_@**#_

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cool how you type so many neat symbols. I want to grow up to be JUST like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monte,
    You never fail to amaze me! How do you find time to do all this?
    Kathy B.

    ReplyDelete

if you are brave enough...

Important: This will solve some of the problems you have been having with posting. If you do not have a Gmail or Google account, just click the Name/URL choice, put in your name, AND select preview before posting. Trust me, this works. Thanks for your patience.