1.22.2009

Top Chef--Restaurant Wars


Down to eight contestants means that it is time for Restaurant Wars. This is always an enjoyable challenge. It is amazing at how these contestants should be ready for this kind of challenge but so often make silly mistakes. My thoughts (complete with spoilers) below.



My thoughts:

It seems to me that the fates of most of the contestants are pretty much sealed.

I know that the judges say that every meal is judged independently of other accomplishments, but it seems like there is a pecking order.

Radhika deserved to go home. Her leadership skills were weak, and when you are the leader, you need to do what it takes to make sure your team succeeds.

Leah was a weak leader on her side, too (and a pretty poor chef).

She and Carla will go home in some order in the next two weeks.

Then it will come down to Jeff and Jamie the next two weeks. They are both talented, but Jeff seems to try too hard, and Jamie has shown some inconsistencies (won two challenges but been in the bottom twice).

This will leave us with the top three (Stefan, Hosea, and Fabio).

I think Stefan is by far the most talented chef on the show. Yes, he is a jerk, but he has the skill to back up his attitude. I think he will be the deserving winner.

Fabio is more personable and charismatic than Stefan, but I don't think he quite has the chops that Stefan has.

Hosea used to be the most likable guy on the show (prior to Kissgate), but I think he is a good chef (and I think he will improve once Leah goes home).

My predicted order of the finish is:

7. Leah
6. Carla
5. Jeff
4. Jamie
3. Fabio
2. Hosea
1. Stefan

Thoughts?



2 comments:

  1. I agree with most of what you said, but something about Fabio has been a little off recently. He is definitely charming, but his cooking has been off lately. I would not be surprised if he doesn't make it into the top 3 and Jeff or Jamie do.

    I was sorry to see Radhika go. I am so over Leah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fabio, but I don't think he will make the top 3. I think Jamie will slide into that spot. I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. Hopefully Leah will finally get to pack her knives.

    ReplyDelete

if you are brave enough...

Important: This will solve some of the problems you have been having with posting. If you do not have a Gmail or Google account, just click the Name/URL choice, put in your name, AND select preview before posting. Trust me, this works. Thanks for your patience.