2.18.2009

American Idol--Group 1--Results


Results are in. Thoughts are below.


Can they really make this an hour?! Really? This will be pure tedium.

At least they brought back the cheesy group song. Wasn't great, but it was cheesy.

Reahash-ity rehash.

Alexis Grace is the top woman vote-getter. I'm 0-for-1 so far. Yay me!

She sings again, and I think tonight she is better than last night. I'm still not sold on her being the next Kelly Clarkson, but she is deserving (though I think Ann Marie will still make it through the wild card).

Michael Sarver is in. Ryan doesn't say whether or not he is the top male vote-getter or the third place slot.

I'm 0-2. Fun.

I like Michael and I'm glad for him, but I can't shake the feeling that he will be an early casualty in the Top 12.

Are they really trying to build suspense over Danny Gokey making it to the Top 12? Really? Is there ANYONE who thinks that he isn't the top vote-getter?

Well... with my record, we may be in for some trouble.

Nice commercial for the American Idol Experience. So THAT's why the show's an hour. Great.

Carly Smithson and Michael Johns are back to sing. I must say it was nice hearing Michael Johns again. Ahem.

It's Danny versus Tatiana. Tell me it isn't so.

It isn't so. Danny is through. There is balance in the world tonight.

1-for-3. 34%. (I round up. Always.)

Oh! They wanted Danny to sing his song last AGAIN.

Now it all makes sense.

Wild Carders must be: Anoop, Ricky Braddy, and Ann Marie Bostovich. And maybe Brent Kieth for the country element.

Tatiana seemed inconsolable at the end. Schadenfreude reigns supreme!

Next week, the group is:
Megan Corkery
Kris Allen
Mishavonna Henson
Matt Breitzke
Allison Iraheta
Matt Giraud
Jasmine Murray
Kai Kalama
Jesse Langseth
Adam Lambert
Jeanine Vailes
Nick Mitchell

Thoughts?


blog comments powered by Disqus