2.07.2009

American Idol--Hollywood Part 2


Absent from last year, group round is back! Was it great or a waste of time.

Click to find out.



Waste of time.

I will list the top 10 things (no particular order) I learned from group rounds.

--The reason is obvious why some of the questionable singers from Round 1 made it to this round: drama.

--Putting a whole bunch of high schoolers in one group is asking for trouble.

--Tatiana (annoying, laughing girl) is annoying and being edited to be ultra-annoying. I think I know why she has been allowed to go to round three and will share in a later post.

--If you missed the first thirty minutes of this show, you still would have seen everything relevant to this show. Yelling, pouting, crying. Wash, rinse, repeat.

--David Osmond doesn't make the cut, but we aren't allowed to see him sing.

--Kristen McNamara's "Nuggets" might be the most annoying swear-substitute I've heard.

--Adam Lambert (Wicked singer) and Danny Gokey (lost wife) are going to go far in this competition. I have me some favorites.

--Where's Noop Dog? Where's Scott McIntyre (seeing-impaired guy)? Without the wasted time, we could have seen some more talent. Based on commercials and clips, they are both in Part Three.

--Alex Wagner-Trugman, Ann Marie Boskovich, and some other good ones are shown.

--The "Somebody to Love" a capella rendition was worth the price of admission for me.

--Katrina, bikini girl, was solely brought to this day for drama. Glad she's gone.

--I can't count to ten.

More thoughts about what's to come soon!


blog comments powered by Disqus