2.09.2009

Top Chef--Eric Ripert Challenge


My thoughts on the Eric Ripert episode are after the click.


Cool episode. The six chefs get to eat six dishes from Eric Ripert's restaurant and then replicate them on their own. Sounds like this would be a difficult challenge but one that should be doable by the Top Chef hopefuls.

Stefan again leads the way. He just seems to get everything thrown his way. He is still my easy pick for winner of this season.

Bottom three are Leah, Hosea, and Jamie. Jamie gets the boot, but I wanted Leah to go. To me, she seems like the obvious choice to go home, and I was shocked that Jamie didn't make Top 4.

My new, ever-changing rankings are as follows:
5. Leah
4. Carla
3. Fabio
2. Hosea
1. Stefan

Additional note: I really like the remaining chefs and really dig the esprit de corps they seem to share. Yes, Stefan is pompous, but that seems to be a personality quirk, and he doesn't seem to talk down to the other chefs on the show.

You can sense a mutual respect amongst the remaining chefs. Nice to see a show without the drama that runs rampant in most reality shows.


blog comments powered by Disqus